The works of CRD has been well-acclaimed through different awards, events at national and international level:
• Dr. Pradip Kr. Sarmah, Executive Director, CRD received the Ashoka-Lemeson Fellow recognition from the Ashoka Innovators for the Public, a USA, in 2001.
• The Rickshaw Bank Project received the Citizen Base Investment Award, 2003 on September 13th, 2003, the Bombay Stock Exchange, Mumbai.
• On April 5th, 2006 received the Global Changemakers Award for Market-based Strategies that Benefit Low-Income Community at National Press Club, Washington DC.
• On April 7th, 2006 received the Microfinance Process Excellency Award from the Eastern Region. The competition was jointly organized by Planet Finance and the ABN Amro Bank.
• The “Rickshaw Bank” project holds a place in the Limca Books of Records in 2007 for its innovative business plan.
• In the “Srijan Microfinance Business Plan Competition, 2007” The Rickshaw Bank Business plan of CRD got selected as 2nd runners up.
• Micro Insurance Awards 2007, Hyderabad on 27th July, 2007.
• Asian Innovation Awards 2007, 13 November, 2007, in Singapore
• The Best Community Development Action Awards, 2008 by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Assam on 15th August, 2008.
• INDIA NGO AWARDS, 2008 in the Medium Category from the Eastern region.
• Certificate of Special Recognition for Rickshaw Bank project that was declared the best project of the year. The awards were given away by the Chief Guest Dr. Sayeda Hameed, Member, Planning Commission, Govt. of India on 30th March, 2009 at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
* Dr Pradip Kumar Sarmah, Executive Director, CRD- Rickshaw Bank named Tech Awards laureate 2011